Monday, April 4, 2011

Poor Jude!




While we were in the hospital with Jude the pediatricians noticed that he had a birth defect called hip dysplasia. This is most common in first born, girls, and breech babies. Jude of coarse was breech. The told us that the problem might go away on its own before he was 2 weeks. It didn't go away for Jude. We took him to the pediatrician. After only 2 days out of the hospital he had gained 10 oz!! She told us he would need to see a pediatric orthopedic doctor. We went to see her, and I had no idea what we were in for. He has to wear a sling/harness to hold his legs in the frog leg position. She told me that he would have to wear this for 6 weeks. I am not allowed to remove it even for a bath. CRAZY!!! It is driving me a little nuts. His legs are creased together at the hip, so he has a yeasty smelling rash. I feel really bad for him, but he doesn't seem to mind. The pictures tell all!

1 comment:

  1. Poor little guy! Good thing he is so adorable :)

    I am sure it is no easy thing to deal with though! Praying sweet Jude heals up quickly!

    ReplyDelete